Corporate Governance Policies & Charters
Induction Procedure for New Board Appointees
The board of Greenpower Energy Limited (Company) recognises the appointment of new Directors is a means of enhancing the performance of the Board and the Company through the inclusion of additional skills and expertise. The Board also recognises the importance of providing new Directors with the opportunity to build their knowledge of the Company quickly to ensure new Directors are able to make an effective contribution to the work of the Board.
This document sets out a procedure which can be used for the induction of new Directors and executives of the Company.
Before the induction of a new Director, the Chairman and the Managing Director will work to determine an effective program for the induction process. The induction will be tailored to each new Director (depending on their requirements, skills, qualifications and experience) and will include:
- A Directors Disclosures on appointment form (for completion by the new Director)
- The Company’s Constitution
- Key Contacts (including contact details for each)
- Board Charter
- Annual Report for previous 2 years
- Corporate Governance Statement and copies of all Company policies & charters
- Current year approved budget
- Most recent monthly report and management accounts
- Copies of minutes of board and committee meetings for last 6 months
- Copies of board papers for last 3 board meetings
- Copies of last 2 reports from the auditor to the Audit Committee/Board
- Directors and Officers Deed of Indemnity and access; and a copy of the D&O Policy
- Last management/Company presentation delivered
- The details of the Company’s major risks and risk management strategy
Senior management will be available to deliver presentations to the Director and provide the opportunity for questions to be asked.
Site visits to key assets will be arranged over a period of time.
Ongoing access to information
The Company has engaged the Company Secretarial Services of David Peterson. All Directors have access to Mr Peterson’s advice and services.
Ensure the new Director is made aware of who to contact for further information on the Company. Such additional information may include:
- Media reports
- Contact details for any of the Company’s advisors
- Details of the Company’s insurance program
- Further history of the Company
- Notices of General Meetings and associated documents
This policy is to be reviewed annually.