Corporate Governance Policies & Charters
Health & Safety Policy
Greenpower Energy is committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace for all employees. It is recognized as our Duty of Care to achieve and maintain a high standard of health and safety, to allow employees to perform their tasks to their maximum potential and efficiency in a planned, organized and controlled manner without undue risk to their health and safety.
Greenpower Energy will continue to address hazard control, accident prevention and training as priorities in pursuit of the above and considers health and safety to be an individual and shared responsibility of all employees. Acceptances of the following responsibilities are essential to the success of the policy.
All Greenpower Energy management shall:
- Plan, develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive Health and Safety Program.
- Proactively seek to eliminate unacceptable risks through a systematic risk identification and assessment process that is an integrated part of day to day operations.
- Encourage the involvement and commitment of all Greenpower Energy employees to take part in the promotion of a healthy and safe work environment to prevent injuries and ill health.
- Promote communication about Health and Safety as a normal component in all aspects of work.
- Comply with, or exceed regulatory requirements.
All Greenpower Energy employees shall share the responsibility to:
- Work in a healthy and safe manner.
- Co-operate with the Management in the support or promotion of safety and health in the work place.
- Promptly report accidents, unsafe practices or conditions that become apparent.
Greenpower Energy has implemented this policy and through the commitment of management and employees, believes our Health and Safety objectives and targets will be achieved. Our policies will be reviewed periodically to ensure they remain adequate and encourage best practice.